FeatureUp News
Loading...

CBS Moving Forward With How I Met Your Dad

CBS Moving Forward With How I Met Your Mother Spinoff, How I Met Your Dad

Kids, you better go to the bathroom. This may take awhile.



Just a couple of weeks after news broke of a possible How I Met Your Mother spinoff,The Wrap reports that CBS have indeed decided to move forward and greenlight a pilot for the project - called How I Met Your Dad now (yes, they slightly tweaked it from How I Met Your Father).
The project will not center on any of the existing HIMYM characters and is essentially a thematic spinoff, taking the same approach as the hugely successful series, from a female point of view. It is expected that the spinoff characters may be introduced on How I Met Your Mother before the end though, backdoor pilot style.
How I Met Your Mother creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are writing and executive producing How I Met Your Dad with Emily Spivey, a former SNL and Parks and Recreation writer, who also created Up All Night.
While How I Met Your Mother is wrapping up this year, after nine seasons, it's doing so while still the highest-rated comedy among CBS's current Monday night lineup - hence the desire by CBS and producer 20th Century Fox to somehow continue what I guess we can now refer to as a franchise.
My suggestion on how to make How I Met Your Dad feel like more of a true spinoff? It should star Lynsdy Fonseca and be set in the year 2039. Romantic comedy + future tech!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 FeatureUp All Right Reserved. The content is copyrighted to FeatureUp and may not be reproduced on other websites without permission or credit.